More... Caramel...



I had to make this caramel sauce. From the moment I saw the recipe, I couldn't get it out of my mind. Caramel is one the things I love most, and so are raspberries, all berries as a matter of fact, but especially those lovely red, delicate fruits.
Armed with my new thermometer, I gathered enough courage to do it. Strangely enough, I even found some fresh raspberries (one of those moments I didn't care about what's in season or not).
The story doesn't finish here, of course.
I've used one part to make the
Caramel Chocolate Truffles, but the best part is yet to come, so... next time.
Although I wish I had some left to pour over ice cream or
Panna Cotta. Can you immagine it?


SOFT RASPBERRY CARAMEL SAUCE

110 g fresh (or frozen) raspberries
110 g heavy cream
220 g sugar
65 g water


Puré the raspberries (with a stick blender)

and then filter them through a fine mash sieve to remove seeds.

Combine the water and the sugar in a non-stick saucepan and cook stirring until the sugar melts and turns amber colour.




In the meantime mix the cream and the raspberry puré in another saucepan and warm them up to 80°C.

When the caramel has melted and become amber colour, mix in, very, very carefully, the raspberry-cream mixture

and cook stirring until the mixture has reached 110°C.

Immediately put the saucepan into ice cold water.
*Fresh raspberries can be substituted with the frozen ones, just let them thaw overnight.
**If not using immediately, cover and refrigerate. When you need it, you can simply warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave and it will become runny again.


CARAMELLO MORBIDO AI LAMPONI

110 g lamponi (freschi o surgelati)
110 g panna fresca
220 g zucchero
65 g acqua

Frullate i lamponi e filtrateli con un colino per togliere i semi.
In un tegamino (meglio se antiaderente) cuocete l'acqua con lo zucchero fino a ottenere un caramello color nocciola.
Unite la purea di lamponi alla panna e scaldateli fino a 80°C.
Quando il caramello avrà raggiunto la colorazione desiderata, versatevi con molta attenzione e mescolando continuamente la miscela di panna e lamponi calda.
Cuocete tutto insieme fino a raggiungere la temperatura di 110°C e immergete immediatamente il tegamino in un contenitore con acqua gelida.
*Se usate dei lamponi surgelati, lasciateli scongelare prima di usarli.
**Se non lo usate subito, conservatelo in frigorifero, quando vi serve riscaldatelo semplicemente per qualche secondo nel forno a microonde e diventerà di nuovo liquido.


KARAMEL UMAK S MALINAMA

110 g malina
110 g slatkog vrhnja
220 g šećera
65 g vode


Štapnim mikserom umutite maline pa dobiveni pire protisnite kroz gusto cjedilo da odstranite sjemenke.
Kuhajte šećer s vodom miješajući stalno dok se ne karamelizira i dobije boju lješnjaka. Naročito obratite pažnju i ne prestajite miješati kad voda ispari i šećer se počne topiti.
U međuvremenu pomiješajte pire od malina s vrhnjem i zagrijte ih do 80°C.
Kad je šećer postigao željenu boju, dodajte pažljivo toplo vrhnje s malinama.
Nastavite kuhati miješajući dok smjesa ne postigne temperaturu od 110°C. Maknite s vatre i uronite posudu u ledenu vodu da zaustavite kuhanje.
Ako karamel nećete odmah koristiti, kad se ohladi, pokrijte ga prozirnom folijom i stavite ga u hladnjak. Prije upotrebe možete ga malo zagrijati u mikrovalnoj pećnici pa će opet biti tekuć.

Comments

  1. Looks yummy! Uhm, I made some fudge caramel awhile ago...totally by accident LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raspberries are my favorite berry. This looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love caramel source..can i replace the raspberries with strawberries?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love raspberries too! I love the color of this caramel! I can't wait to see what you're going to do with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Con i lamponi non l'ho mai asaggiato! Sarà uno spettacolo!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  6. ma quanto sarà buono questo caramello?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...it looks like HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Oh, I remember, DD, you made caramel, by accident, and my chocolate caramel looked more like fudge. This time I got what I wanted, LOL!

    *Me, too, Bob. I just love about any kind of berry, but raspberries, jummy!

    *QIS, all I can say, try, they're similar after all

    *Thanks, Danielle, I couldn't let you wait, the next recipe's on, already :)))

    * Thanks, Shane.

    *Ciao, Stefania, hai proprio raggione, se ti piace il caramello, come a me, è una golosità infinita.

    * Grazie, Alem. Buono, anzi, buonissimo :)))

    *Thanks, Arabafelice, LOL, first you eat it, then you fall in sugar coma, and there you are: in heaven :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. ovo jako dobro izgleda i jako mi je zanimljivo. Nisam nikada radila sama ovakav ili neki sličan umak, preuzimam recept :-))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, Welcome to my blog. I love hearing your feedback, so don't hesitate to say what you think, or ask any question, I'd be glad to help.

Benvenuti! Mi fa piacere che vi siete fermati qui. Se vi va, lasciatemi un commento, una domanda, o altro, li leggerò con piacere.

Hvala vam na posjeti. Volim pročitati vaše mišljenje, stoga je svaki dobronamjeran komentar dobro došao kao i pitanja i nedoumice. Trudit ću se odgovoriti svima.

Popular Posts