1, 2, 3, someone stop me!


I just realized it's been almost a month (a month!?!?) since I last posted something baked, something sweet. Oh, my, if I don't change that soon, I might as well change the name of this blog (although, to be honest, I got stuck with the name that was only supposed to be a working title until I got a better idea, but... I guess I was too lazy once the things, or better to say, recipes, started rolling).

So, here I am or here you are, whatever. A cookie recipe.
An almost forgoten poor little green one (I mean a lime, not an alien), got out of its hiding place (from the depts of my fridge), a tiny amount of shredded coconuts (always too little for anything), lying around ever since I made the gingerbread house in December, next to the bag of sliced almonds (bought for the same reason as coconut). All these ingredients together, turned into these lovely, tasty cookies.
And judging from the face expressions and mmmmmmmmmmmms of my friend, Simona, who stopped by the afternoon I made these, I suppose it's not only my opinion.
There are still a few left, so I better hurry and post the recipe, so I can relax with a cup of coffee in one hand and 2, 3, 4... (come on, girl, a bit of selfcontrol!!!) cookies in the other. Can't help that, I'm nuts about cookies.
Have a nice day everyone.

LIME AND COCONUT COOKIES

200 g AP flour
125 g butter
100 g light brown sugar
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 lime
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
30 g shredded coconut
30 g sliced almonds
a pinch of salt

Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, at high speed.
Mix in the eggs, add the vanilla and almond extracts, grated zest of a whole lime, and 1 TB of freshly squeezed juice (save the rest of the juice).
Stir in all the dry ingredients (sifted flour, salt, shredded coconut, sliced almonds).
Form the dough, it will be quite soft, add just enogh flour so that you can form a rope (5 cm / 2" thick) without it sticking to your hands and to the surface. To make this part easier, spread some more coconut flakes on a piece of plastic foil or baking paper (I tried doing it with sliced almonds, because I didn't have any shredded coconut left, but not so succcessfully) and then roll and wrap it. Press slightly in order to get an oval shape. Place it in the fridge for at least 1/2 an hour so that it is firm enough to cut.

Turn the oven on to 190°C.
Cut the dough into 5 mm slices (that's about 1/5") and place them on a baking sheet (I always line it with baking paper, less sticking and less washing).
Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
Let them cool on a cooling rack.
I don't have precise measures for sugar glaze, I just added powdered sugar into the leftover lime juice, teaspoon after teaspoon, until I got the consistency I was happy with, dense but still liquid. And then I spread a little (1/2 teaspoon) on each cookie and decorated each with an almond slice
.

Had I had another lime, I would have added some zest to the glaze as well, that would have been really nice, to have some green speckles on top. Let the glaze dry completely before storing them. Cute, aren't they?

*******************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************



Deliziosi, croccanti, profumati. Veloce, finisco di scrivere, mi aspettano i pocchi rimasti :)))

BISCOTTI AL LIME E COCCO

200 g farina 00
125 g burro
100 g zucchero di canna chiaro
1 uovo (leggermente sbattuto)
1 lime
1/2 cucchiaino di estratto di vaniglia
1/2 cucchiaino di estratto di mandorle
30 g cocco disidratato
30 g mandorle a scaglie
un pizzico di sale


Lavorate il burro con lo zucchero in una terrina con lo sbattitore elettrico fino a ottenere una crema.
Incorporate l'uovo, e poi la scorza grattugiata di lime intero, 1 cucchiaio di succo di lime fresco (conservate il resto del succo per la glassa), l'estratto di vaniglia e l'estratto di mandorle. Unite alla fine la farina setacciata con il sale, il cocco e le scaglie di mandorle e formate la pasta. Se risulta ancora troppo morbida aggingete un po' di farina.
Formate un rotolo di diametro 5 cm, appiattitelo leggermente e avvolgetelo nella pellicola trasparente o la carta da forno. Potete anche cospargere la pellicola con altro cocco o scaglie di mandorle prima di avvolgere il rotolo, premendo poi leggermente per far aderire alla pasta.
Tenete il rotolo in frigo per almeno 1/2 ora.
Scaldate il forno a 190°C.
Tagliate il rotolo a fette dello spessore di 5 mm e distribuitele sulle piastre foderate con la carta da forno leggermente distanziate una dall'altra.
Cuocete i biscotti per circa 10 minuti o fino a quando i bordi sono dorati.
Fatteli raffreddare.
Mescolate il succo di lime rimasto con il zucchero a velo (non vi so dire precisamente quanto, aggiungete un po' alla volta fino a ottenere una glassa densa, ma ancora liquida) e distribuite un po' (1/2 cucchiaino) su ogni biscotto, decorate con una scaglia di mandorla e lasciate asciugare bene la glassa prima di conservarli in una scatola di latta.

***********************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************



Prhki, mirisni, zbilja ukusni, pomalo egzotična kombinacija limete i kokosa, ali sve tako lijepo ukomponirano da vam ne preostaje drugo do isprobati i uvjeriti se.

KEKSIĆI S LIMETOM I KOKOSOM

200 g glatkog brašna
125 g maslaca
100 g svijetlog smeđeg šećera
1 jaje
1 limeta
1/2 žličice ekstrakta vanilije
1/2 žličice ekstrakta badema
30 g kokosovog brašna
30 g listića badema
prstohvat soli

Maslac sobne temperature umutite dobro mikserom sa šećerom dok ne postane kremast.
Dodajte malo razmućeno jaje i izmiješajte.
Umiješajte naribanu koricu limete i 1 žlicu svježe iscijeđenog soka (ostatak sačuvajte za glazuru), ekstrakte vanilije i badema, a potom brašno, sol, kokosovo brašno i listiće badema.
Dobiveno tijesto oblikujte u rolnicu promjera oko 5 cm i malo pritisnite da presjek bude ovalnog oblika.
Omotajte plastičnom folijom ili papirom za pečenje i stavite u hladnjak na 1/2 sata da se stvrdne.
Zagrijte pećnicu na 190°C. Obložite pleh papirom za pečenje.
Izvadite rolnicu iz hladnjaka i oštrim nožem izrežite na ploškice debljine 5 mm. Slažite ih na pleh i pecite 10-ak minuta.
Za glazuru pomiješajte sok od limete koji vam je preostao i umiješajte toliko mljevenog šećera da dobijete glatku i gustu smjesu. Stavite malo glazure na svaki keksić i ostavite da se osuši.


And, yes, we had lots of fun yesterday (me and my daughters).



Or, should I say, they had tons of fun fighting me :)))

Comments

  1. Ma questi biscotti saranno profumatissimi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... lime e cocco...
    Buonissimiiiiiiiiiiiii

    ReplyDelete
  3. scommetto che sono buonissimi!!complimenti per il bel pupazzo di neve..baci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bellissimi biscotti !!! I miei figli sognano tanto una neve così !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un tripudio di profumi e sapori,fantastici i tuoi biscotti!
    La neve...un sogno per noi napoletani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. buonissimi, ho fatto anch'io i biscotti al cocco ieri sai? Un pò di telepatia;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookies look and sound wonderful! I love lime and have nevered tried cookies with lime flavor! Are you in Modena and is it snowing there recently? My family still lives there and I have never visited it. Love the pictures! Ciao, Roz

    ReplyDelete
  8. l'abbinamento cocco e lime l'ho provato in una torta pertanto so già che è ottimo!! devo provarlo anche con i biscotti!!! stupendo il pupazzo di neve :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Yes, Roz, it snowed 2 days ago, but it's quite cold so it's still here. Kids are so happy.
    * Micaela, immagino che nella torta è ancora più buona questa combinazione.
    *Iana, è possibile, bloggy-telepathy :)))
    *Natalia, non sai quanto l'hanno aspettato le mie. La piccola è la prima volta che la vede, ed è già la seconda volta quest'anno
    *Grazie, Nanny, e noi sognamo tanto il vostro sole, siamo stuffi della nebbia
    *grazie mille, Scarlett, Matteo e dolceamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, I have the same thing with my blog name. Cooking Stuff wasn't really what I wanted to name it, I just needed something to get started.

    The cookies sound amazing, I love coconut and lime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mogu samo zamisliti kako lijepo mirišu!
    Prekrasno draga.
    Nadam se da ste se nauživale u snijegu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Dajana,
    I'm not going to stop you but I want to congratulate you for everything you do. Lovely photos with your little daughter... and of course your recipes are amazing!
    p.s. if you still want to follow my blog and see new posts, you have to delete the old address and follow the new one:
    ninasrecipes4u.blogspot.com
    thanks, xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh.. your cookies look delicious. i love both lime and coconut. cookies with glaze on top really tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lime and coconut is a delicious combo! These look so buttery and delicious. And it looks like your all making the best out of the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lemony Buttery coconuty cookies! I really love the combination of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Un altro attentato per la lineaaaaaa....Sono slurposissimiiiii!!!!Fantastica la combinazione....
    Un bacio
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uf sjajni su,ja sam ovisnica limunkastih slastica,Curica je pravi šećerko!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How much fun! I wanna make a snowman too... :) As far as the cookies, coconut and lime are one of my favorite flavor combos... YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. vau. ovo mora da je fenomenalno. inače sam u zadnje vrijeme fascinirana kolačima od limuna i limete

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great combination, lime and coconut. You have the best looking cookies! :) And your girls are adorable in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the cookies! and as usual, they are beautiful! It looks like you and girls had some fun. I love the sound of little kids laughter...always brings a smile to my face :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, Welcome to my blog. I love hearing your feedback, so don't hesitate to say what you think, or ask any question, I'd be glad to help.

Benvenuti! Mi fa piacere che vi siete fermati qui. Se vi va, lasciatemi un commento, una domanda, o altro, li leggerò con piacere.

Hvala vam na posjeti. Volim pročitati vaše mišljenje, stoga je svaki dobronamjeran komentar dobro došao kao i pitanja i nedoumice. Trudit ću se odgovoriti svima.

Popular Posts